Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Be Encouraged

I have recently acquired some William Hemmerling artwork.  He was an artist who moved from Chicago to the French Quarter.  One day, while at Cafe DuMond, Jesus sat down across from him at the table.  I know, I know, it's the French Quarter, but this was really Jesus.  It changed his life.  He passed away last year, but not after accumulating quite a sizeable body of work.  My favorite right now is called Miss Takes.  It says, "Be Encouraged.  Trouble don't last.  Wisdom.  A diamond was at one time a piece of coal and a frog was once a tadpole.  A river a stream, a star just a beam.

Daddy and David bought me four small ones, just prints, and had them framed for me for mother's day.  Daddy said that after all I had done for him, it was the least he could do.  It says, "At all times let thy garments be white and let not oil depart from thy head.  Live joyfully with thy family whom thou lovest."

Well, Daddy, I guess I'll leave the wearing of the white to you, but I do intend to live joyfully with my family whom I love deeply."  Thanks, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment