Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011

I look around my home today and see disorder.  Not the kind that happens when you just didn't pick up the newspaper from yesterday.  No, because I was only home 5 weeks this last year.  I have absolutely no idea how career writers who travel to and fro across the continents manage.  Are they slobs?  Do they hire cleaning women?  If so, where are these women?

I think the solution is the cleaning fairy.  No wages, no place to live, just conjure them up when you need them.  I feel silly today.  I guess you can tell.  For the first time in months, I had a wee too much to drink, crashed early and woke up late.  Luxury.  It is in the eye of the beholder. 

Back to the mess in my home.  I know that I need to clean, but not sure I'm going to.  I will read the Sunday papers.  I have already read my Scripture readings for today.  That Cain guy - - bad dude.  Really bad.  Think I'll also call my sisters.  Never really realized how much we love each other until Dad became so ill.  Now, we're lifelines.  It's like making a chain of inner tubes all hooked together with our arms, and approaching a waterfall.  We're going up and down together.  It's good.  It's really good.

See why the cleaning hasn't gotten done yet?  All of these things in my head, and they want to come spilling out.  Well, I say "Let them!"  I will not, however, promise to shape up, join a book club, or any of the other nonsense people promise for the New Year.  I will make one promise - I will never forget my Dad.  Make that two - I will do everything I can to stay close to my sisters.  We're family.  What else is there?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I quess that you have identified who the "cleaning fairy" is :-)) I don't know how these blog has posted me as Big Dave. I did not enter such a silly nickname, but I quess that I will have to live with it. I think that it is funny, because you and I would call Louis, "Big Lou"!! You are in my thoughts and prayers. You will recover, but you will never forget the precious treasure that your Dad was to you, me and us. Big Love, David

    ReplyDelete