Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Boundaries

I spent much of my life without having a center.  Although I was raised Catholic, as soon as I was out of the house I was out of the church.  Now, there is a lot of freedom in being released to do whatever you want, but there is also a lot of bondage.  If there is no reason to live a good life, why are we here?  If we aren't here to help one another, instead of hoarding what we have, what's the point?  I mean really - - the richest guy wins?  Or the man with the most toys wins? 

Somehow, in His goodness and mercy, God pulled me out of what I thought was an okay life.  Not great - single parenting, special child, not lots of money (not really any).  I seemed determined to live out my days in an apartment until I ended up in an assisted living facility. Lot to look forward to, isn't it? Then I happened across this line of Scripture:

 5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
   you have made my lot secure.
6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
   surely I have a delightful inheritance.

It is out of Psalm 16.  I can't tell you why it lifted my spirit, but it did.  There were boundary lines out there!  I didn't have to feel alone, or dejected, or worry about crossing the line.  The Bible had everything I needed to know to live a rich, fulfilling life. 

Thanks be to God, for saving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment