Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 14, 2011

Love Can be a Four Letter Word

How easily this word rolls off our tongues, expecting it to repair a universe full of hurt, an army of trampling on someone's heart, fixing even the smallest problem.  It seems to me that if I knew how to mind my own business, it would help.  Maybe.  Maybe not.  You'd have to ask my family.  I barrel ahead with the force of a hurricane forgetting that many in my family are not built from brick, but from delicate wood, or glass, or stone.  It's possible they're not even finished putting together who they are.

Today, I hurt someone I love most in the world.  I can't take it back.  I can't make it not happen.  And I can't take the pain away - for either of us.  I'd like to say that it's because I'm in grief, but it really isn't.  I just try to do the best I can and sometimes I really screw up.  Like today.  I'm sorry.  Please forgive me.  When you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment