Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Turkey and Other Stuff

My sister, Lynn, informed me that my blogs didn't seem to match up with the dates and times that I was blogging.  No wonder - I hadn't changed the time stamp from Turkey to mountain time.  Duh!

Today I am worn out.  Physically and spiritually and emotionally.  There are times when I think that I am just sleep walking through my life.  Today is one of those days.  I am getting enough sleep - probably 10 to 12 hours a night, but I still wake up exhausted.  I go to find my clothes and they're not in the right place.  They are how I left them here, but I still think I'm at Dad's.  I miss the smell of his house.  I miss sitting beside him watching Jeopardy, American Pickers, House Hunters International and football games. 

Everyone in the family has other things going on.  My sister Lori, God love her, is taking care of my Mom - who has Alzheimer's.  My sister Lynn has a 12 year old and a 14 year old girl.  Enough said.

My dear husband offers daily comfort and support for me.  Daddy got to see it first hand.  He loved the way we would step outside and sit and talk about our day every day.  He told me once that if he and Mom had done that, they may have still been married.

We have a family of foxes in our backyard.  He has a bad paw, and she won't leave him.  They sleep under one of our trees in the backyard, and now there are babies.  Foxes mate for life, and she won't leave him.  I like that.  It gives me hope. 

A gentle breeze is blowing outside, and there is snow on Pike's Peak.  It is a perfect day.  Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment