Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Eve Musings

This year didn't at all turn out the way that I expected.  My father passed away on last Saturday.  It was my honor to care for him over the last 9 months.  With the help of my husband and my sisters, who took turns helping me with Dad, he passed peacefully.  He had pancreatic cancer, but the grace of God kept him from having pain.  He passed in his bed, with all of us there.

My Dad lived an amazing life, and so many people came to the funeral home and church to honor him.  I heard not a single negative word about my father from anyone.  He was referred to as a gentleman, always.  A person who gave to others, without asking anything in return.  A man who volunteered to do any task he saw that needed doing, and then did that task well.

I don't know if I will ever get used to the hole in my life where my Dad used to be, but I do know one thing.  I am going to strive to be more like him.  I am going to give my all, as his daughter, so that I will never disappoint him.  I know he's in heaven now, and what a wonderful season for him to meet up with his family again.

Christmas will never be the same for me, but I am not sad about Christmas.  Rather, I am blessed that the one thing Jesus wanted for Christmas this year was to be able to sit and visit with my Dad.
   
May you all know and share the peace and love of Christ this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment